NaNo Madness 2007

Monday, November 19, 2007

Maddest thought of the month

I haven't written any more on my NaNo novel. But I'm currently considering trying to write it as a play instead of a novel. Is that weird or what?!

The problem is, I still want it to be a novel. It needs to be a novel. It's crying out to be a novel. But I keep picturing it as a play, and I kinda sorta want to try writing it as a play and seeing if that then helps me get the story down enough to adapt it as a novel. I wonder--can you sell a novel based on a play? Or are you infringing on your own copyright, or just cannibalizing yourself? Not that it probably matters, since I've never written a play and doubt I could do it now, either!

1 Comments:

  • have u seen the movie The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)

    it basically is a movie that acts like it is based on a book - just as a vehical to help spice up the story. you could write the book as though it were being a play made or something like that ! -s c

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home