NaNo Madness 2007

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Characters

I failed to meet quota last night, after saying I had to or else. And it's not that easy to get back on the horse, because the horse is nowhere to be found. Which is to say, I have no idea what I'm trying to write anymore. The characters have completely eluded me. So I spent some time last night trying to work on pics of them, but didn't get too far.

Here are some pictures that are similar to my main character, Jessie, and her best friend Mirielle, in different outfits.


Jessie


Mirielle

But those weren't the characters I was having trouble with... And I can't believe that avatar site doesn't have any skin but pale white! Mirielle is supposed to have an olive complexion, and one of the guys in the book, Emmett, has brown skin and dreadlocks, so that site wasn't much help.

Anyway...I need to get to know the characters better. Another thing I need to work on is structure. Maybe if I can come up with a better structure for the book, things will fall into place. Also, this is silly but I think I need to write it in Word instead of in a Google document. I liked the Google thing because I could write it anywhere with an Internet connection, but not having margins on the page is really starting to drive me nuts. I like to see margins when I write...weird, huh? And unfortunately, I don't have Word on my new computer yet since I have to find the disks. Still, with everything I have going on this week (meeting tonight, three separate meetings at my kids' school tomorrow, an oral surgery appointment, a church meeting, and a freelance article I have to start researching), if I don't get back on track today I don't know if this is going to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home