NaNo Madness 2007

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Double the madness

I've discovered that some people actually plan to write two novels in a month for NaNoWriMo, either by starting separate NaNo accounts to track the progress of each, or by simply finishing one early and then trying to write another, with the goal of getting their word count to 100K by the end of the month.

Please remind me that, just because I have 2 novel ideas, I do not need to do that! I am ever-so-slightly tempted to consider it, but I think it will be hard enough to write one with all my responsibilities right now. Though last time I did NaNo, I did finish early, and got so inspired by the actual writing that I ended up writing about 12,000 more words on two other projects during the month. So I certainly give myself permission to write more if I want to, but I don't want to give myself that expectation. And frankly, if I do finish one novel draft early, I'd probably rather finish my Purple Panic book than start another new novel. I've been thinking about Purple Panic a lot today, which was envisioned as an early chapter book and morphed into a midgrade. It got bogged down along the way, and I'm thinking of starting it all over as a chapter book again, or at the very least trying to pick up the pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home